Mmmm cookies… Anyone else have a hankering for a cookie now? Maybe some milk to go with it? Personally I don’t have milk with my cookies but I do have a massive sweet tooth, so I’m probably not the best judge! If you do have a yearning for a wonderfully simple but amazingly flavourful cookie, then look no further. These cookies are soft, filled with creamy peanut butter and packed with chocolate and peanut butter bits. They are in fact so packed with bits, that one of the cookies took on a mind of its own and decided to try and escape the oven…
It turned out to be a monster cookie! Too bad it didn’t get away in time… Poor cookie! This was actually my second attempt at a peanut butter cookie though. I originally made some peanut butter pudding cookies at the weekend, but I thought they were a bit average. Everyone else seemed to like them, and they all disappeared when I took them to an AFS event, but these were 100x better. Like melt in your mouth all you can taste is peanut butter and chocolate better. Look, how could these not be amazing when they look like that??
Juuuuuust delicious. If you like peanut butter you better go preheat your oven right now! The other win for me was that even though I made these at night and it was already dark, I still got to take some pretty pictures in my new photo tent. I really like it, so easy to set up and the photos are nearly as good as during the day! If you, like me, take photos of food at night at least once a fortnight, it is totally worth it. I also bought a plain wooden board for a prop which made a nice break from the constant white of the tent, it made for a nice little set up!
These peanut butter cookies came from Sally’s Baking Addiction, she is a great mastermind of cookies there are so many different flavours on her website! I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as I have, happy baking!
- 115g (1 stick) butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tspn vanilla essence
- ½ tspn baking soda
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup chocolate bits
- ½ cup peanut butter chips (or more plain chocolate bits)
- ½ cup peanut butter filled chocolate chips (or more plain chocolate bits)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large bowl with a hand mixer), cream the butter and sugars together.
- Add the egg, peanut butter and vanilla essence one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour and baking soda and slowly mix together until only a few streaks of flour remain.
- Add all of your chocolate/peanut butter bits and mix these in with a wooden spoon, making sure to incorporate the last streaks of flour.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least half an hour (ideally an hour). Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease and line a baking sheet.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of dough onto the baking sheet, leaving around 3cm (2 inches) in between each. Gently press down with a fork and bake for 8-10 minutes or until just golden on top.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before devouring with vigour!
- The cookies will keep for up to 7 days stored in an airtight container.